Milltown, NJ 08850
email@example.com Cell: 732-691-8375
A digital and print editor with experience covering communities in Central Jersey, including the launch of the East Brunswick Patch in 2010. Excellent managerial, communication and collaboration skills. More than a decade of managerial experience, including hiring employees and conducting employee reviews. Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously. Fluid use of social media to cross promote stories and events while increasing and promoting User Generated Content. Received close to 20 individual New Jersey Press Association Awards, including awards for government and education writing.
EAST BRUNSWICK PUBLIC LIBRARY, East Brunswick
Public Information Assistant, part-time. March 2009 – Present
Customer Service Representative February 2008 – March 2009
- Promote the public library and its functions through social media, press releases, photographs, e-newsletter, email blasts, library website and interaction with local and national media.
- Write for and appear on EBTV, especially on the show This Week in East Brunswick, which is broadcast regularly.
- Assist patrons with computer and technology issues, research and other services provided by the library.
PATCH MEDIA CORPORATION, East Brunswick
Local Editor Dec. 2013 – Jan. 2014
Associate Regional Editor Sept. 2012 – Aug. 2013
Local Editor Dec. 2010 – Sept. 2012
- Launched the East Brunswick Patch web site and worked at ground level with town leaders and officials to make it a landmark in the community.
- Collaborated with business and advertising departments to build and maintain directory of key officials, organizations and business listings.
- Worked closely with the advertising team on ways to maximize business coverage and Patch’s exposure in the community.
- Supervised editorial content, budgets, and editors of seven Patch sites in Mercer and Middlesex County, NJ.
- Managed budgets, story lists, employee reviews, monitored Unique Visitor goals, SEO, UGC and coordinate news coverage for the region.
- Coordinated sports coverage for the state. Worked with freelancers to assign stories and request payment for services.
- Extensive use of social media to cross promote stories, photo packages, video and other content from Central Jersey Patch sites.
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
November 2010 – Present
- Report election night results for General Election, primary and school board.
THE PRINCETON PACKET, INC., Princeton
Managing Editor – Windsor-Hights Herald Oct. 2010 – Nov. 2010
Staff Writer - Princeton Packet Oct. 2009 – Oct. 2010
Managing Editor – South Brunswick Post, Cranbury Press Dec. 2008 – Sept. 2009
News Editor – South Brunswick Post, Cranbury Press April 2000 – December 2008
Staff Writer – South Brunswick Post, Cranbury Press June 1996 – April 2000
- Collaborated on hiring reporters, wrote employee reviews and guided new reporters on how to report/write features and news stories.
- Supervised three to four full time reporters and oversaw the creation of story lists (municipal meeting coverage, features, follow-ups and enterprise pieces).
- Assigned stories and photo assignments to freelancers.
- Read 30-40 stories weekly with an attention to detail for news content accuracy, punctuation and the quality of writing.
- Used Harris Publishing software for copy editing, headline writing and newspaper building and layout.
- Wrote editorials and columns, including semi-regular column, “Tangents.”
- Worked as lead writer for several Central Jersey towns.
BA, English Literature, Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ